Friday, November 22, 2013

Minestrone & Vegan Kale Butternut Squash Pizza

I am still waiting for my sweetie to pass on the recipes from his wonderful week of cooking, so you are going to have to settle for a couple of low key recipes this post.  Low key does not mean it's not wonderfully delicious!

I was home alone this week, and had one of those work weeks that is so busy you yearn for it to be over, so simplicity was key for me.  The night my sweetie left I made a nice big post of Minestrone Soup.  I get this package of beans made by The Heirloom Bean Company, at the Old Farm market.  I have also seen them at Country Grocer, and health food stores. It comes with a lovely medley of beans, and the herbs.


Even more handy is the fact that the recipe is with it.


I added sauteed, onion kale, zucchini, celery, carrot, green beans and then gluten free macaroni and organic tomato sauce.  It was sensational! Minestrone is my favourite soup, so I may be a little biased.


Vegan Kale and Butternut Squash Pizza.  This recipe is an adaption to Vegan from My Weekly Dish's original recipe.  I'm trying to use up my flatbread from Costco as our household is in the process of eliminating wheat (I will admit this is a difficult task for me). Instead of milk in her original recipe I used 1/4 cup of cashew cream I had in the fridge & topped up the rest of the amount with soy milk.  I added the sage to the sauce rather then the squash, primarily because  I had roasted 1/2 of a butternut squash basted with olive oil, salt & pepper the night before.  All I had to do with the squash was cut it up and put it on the pizza.   I then added my sauteed kale to that.  Instead of cheese I used Mozza Daiya shreds.  YUM!  My mouth is actually watering just thinking about it.




Favourite Things: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
Thess were simply done with olive oil, salt & pepper. I have a hard time with portion control on these delicious bites of joy.


I should have some more DIY recipes coming soon:)

Quote: Imagination is everything.  It is a preview of coming attractions. ~Albert Einstein


Please feel free to leave any comments on the Imperfect Girl facebook page:)





No comments:

Post a Comment